Guide to buying the best sports sunglasses
For most athletes, sports glasses are more than just an accessory in races. They generally bring protection and efficiency to their performance in competitions. As you can notice, sports sunglasses are not your usual sunglasses; they also come in different forms and shapes, depending on what sport you'll use the accessory. Read through to learn tips on buying the best sports sunglasses among the thousands of manufacturers today.
What are sports sunglasses for?
The main purpose of sports sunglasses is to protect your eyes from any impacts or bumps and to act as a reflective shield against UV rays. Also, for mountain sports, these sunglasses protect your eyes from bouncing dust, branches, pebbles, and sand on the ground, which might get into your eyes during the race.
Sports sunglasses are in demand because of their high performance. The polycarbonate material is what these frames are made from. The material is known for being impact-resistant. This means polycarbonate sunglasses are reliable enough for any outdoor physical activities.
Sometimes, these sunglasses can be pricey, especially if the wearers opt to put prescriptions on the lenses. As you know, some athletes might have eye conditions that need correction for better vision and performance in competitions.
Are sports sunglasses worth it?
If you're an athlete or love to participate in physical outdoor activities, sports sunglasses are worth an investment. You know how vital achieving the best vision is when on races. Here are other essential benefits of sports sunglasses which will convince you to buy a pair.
1. Prevents fatigue and eye strain. The sun's glare can hamper your performance when playing sports which might cause fatigue and eye strain. Polarized sports sunglasses protect the eyes from the sun's rays and cut out UV rays which can later cause macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. Improves vision. You can also customize sports sunglasses with prescription lenses for better vision. Various sports sunglasses manufacturers can modify the lenses based on your eye doctor's prescription. It's best to consult a doctor before buying a pair.
3. Improves game performance. Whether basketball, football, or baseball, sports sunglasses are designed to enhance one's performance in sports. As you already know, the perfect pair reduces glare and eventually increases contrast so you can see your target clearly.
4. Prevents injuries. Like shin guards are used to protect the footballer's shin, sports sunglasses shield you from any flying or falling debris that may enter your eyes. Since these sunglasses promote improved vision, you'll be less likely to encounter accidents while playing.
How to buy the best sports sunglasses?
Sports sunglasses can be costly; hence you should consider some important aspects before buying one. The following points can help you choose the best sports sunglasses for you.
1. Identify the sport where you'll use the sunglasses. Glasses for skiing and snowboarding are relatively different from those used in running. Knowing where to use the frame narrows your options to the essential ones. Of course, you don't want to spend several dollars on a pair that won't do good during competitions.
2. Design. Manufacturers today develop different designs for their sports sunglasses. It must suit your preference, including the color and frame style. The colors must complement your skin tone. In the same way, frame shapes should accentuate your facial features instead of overpowering them. Most importantly, ensure a snug fit so the frame won't drop when encountering bumps during the races.
3. Material. Trivex lenses and polycarbonate are top-tier materials that ensure stronger impact resistance than regular plastic frames. Most sports sunglasses are made from polycarbonate, which is sturdy to withstand physical activities.
4. Prescription lenses. This is important for wearers who must change their regular lenses to those with eye prescriptions. You need not wear eyeglasses and sports sunglasses simultaneously to have better vision, as sunglasses manufacturers can change the lenses for you.
5. Customization. If you want more personalized sports sunglasses, ask the manufacturer to engrave your name on the temples or change the frame color. Of course, you can expect the cost to be higher. Of course, you can expect the cost to exceed the usual price. However, choosing the right manufacturer for your sports sunglasses can be worth the price.