How to choose the best running sunglasses?
Choosing to run on a sunny day allows you to take in the fresh breeze and enjoy nature. However, it will require you to use sunglasses for eye protection in some situations. Since traditional sunglasses might not ensure that they'll stay on your face as you run, running sunglasses can be ideal. For some runners, these sunglasses should be on the "essential list" as they are vital in protecting the eyes from the sun or debris.
Why buy running sunglasses?
In some cases, people randomly buy running sunglasses they feel like using. At the same time, others invest in a good kind. But, why does one need to look at running sunglasses like it's a must for some?
1.They protect against UV and UVB rays and diseases.
Common eye diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, and cataracts can come from not wearing appropriate running sunglasses. Even when running in cloudy and cold weather, your eyes may absorb radiation from the sun's rays, which consequently raises the likelihood of developing such eye conditions.
Furthermore, direct sunlight is reflected on the surface, which could cause potential damage to the eyes.
2. Avoid glare.
The sun shines on pavements and surfaces when running during the summer. The lights will typically reflect into your eyes. Furthermore, the glare from the intense sunlight can harm the eyes. But with running sunglasses, you can be protected from the UV rays, thus improving the health of your eyes.
3. Protect the eyes from bugs.
You can never be sure not to come across insects while running outside. With running sunglasses, you keep your eyes from bugs which can cause discomfort when they reach your eyes. Additionally, bugs are dirty, which can eventually increase the chances of eye infections.
4. Defend the eyes from weather elements.
Running sunglasses will protect you from temporary blinding during rainy or cloudy days. Also, they can perfect you from any dust on windy days.
How to choose the right running sunglasses?
Browsing online for those perfect running sunglasses can be a handful. Considering the thousands of them, it might take longer to decide on one. You can refer to the following essential factors in streamlining your options to avoid that.
1. Lightweight. You do not want to do outdoor exercises while carrying accessories. Frames made of plastic or acetate can be an excellent option for running sunglasses. They are feather-light materials but are heavy enough to hold the bounce as you go strong and long on distance days.
2. Good coverage. Ensure the running sunglasses you choose provide wrap-around coverage without blocking your vision. A semi-rimless and eight-base frame is perfect for seeing the steps ahead.
3. Sweat-resistant with a firm grip. It might be impossible not to sweat when running. With this, you need a frame that has a firmer grip. Look for sunglasses with a rubberized grip and more added texture, enough to hold while you are running.
4. Contrast enhancement. The lens of your running sunglasses can be contrast-enhancing. This allows you to see every bump or step-up on your way. Specific filters pass the light through your lens, reducing the glare and enhancing color contrast.
Trendy sunglasses for running
Get more than the basic function of running sunglasses with stylish frames and designs.
Talk about good coverage and excellent grip; these good-fitting aviator sunglasses will sit comfortably on your face without piercing the temples. It has a square frame which can be a remarkable fit considering you wear the perfect size. More importantly, it is made of TR90 material, ensuring a lightweight and durable pair of sunglasses.
These frames only weigh around 24.8 grams which ensures comfortability when wearing them. Additionally, Elodie comes from a TR90 material. It is lightweight, providing more comfort when used in outdoor running. More importantly, these are spring-hinged frames better suited for active wearers. It has an aesthetic look that can also be useful in any other activities besides running.
Glares are usual when running. However, you can have lesser glare when using these frames and lenses because of their anti-reflective feature. These stylish frames allow you to go in style while getting actively healthy.