Magnetic clip on sunglasses explained
Sunglasses are protective and fashion accessories used by many today and they come in different shapes, sizes and colors. While we use sunglasses to protect our eyes, do you know that there is an accessory that is also used to protect the sunglasses frame as well? This accessory is called magnetic clip on sunglasses.
This accessory is a smart and inexpensive way to protect your eyes from harsh sun rays. If the lens of your sunglasses does not protect your vision enough, you can turn to magnetic clip on sunglasses for more protection without compromising your vision in any way.
Are magnetic clip on sunglasses worth it?
Now you may never have used it before or you may feel that your sunglasses provide all the protection that you need. But make no mistake; magnetic clip on sunglasses are worth it. Not only do they protect your eyes more, but they also add aesthetic value to your shade. So you see, with this accessory, you enjoy double benefits.
Clip on sunglasses come in different shapes, sizes and tints. So they offer different levels of protection. Some vision experts even argue that they offer more protection from UV sun rays than normal sunglasses because of their specialty. They have two darkened lenses that are linked together by a metal bridge to hold the piece in place.
Then there is a clip with which you attach it to your regular sunglasses or prescription eyeglasses. The best magnetic clip on sunglasses provides maximum UV protection of 400.
The other types of magnetic clip on sunglasses include:
· Round clip on sunglasses
· Oval clip on sunglasses
· Rectangle clip on sunglasses
· Square clip on sunglasses
· Polarized clip on sunglasses
While these versions are very good, magnetic clip on sunglasses work best because they stay in place and will not fall off even when you move vigorously.
What are the pros and cons of magnetic clip on sunglasses?
1. Affordable: They are affordable and will not cost you too much.
2. Flexible: Most magnetic clip on sunglasses are flexible and will suit any dress style of your choice. Their non-selective element makes them a huge draw for many looking for more protection from the sun.
3. UV protection: This is perhaps the biggest pro of using magnetic clip on sunglasses. It offers maximum UV protection. No matter the intensity of the sun, your eyes will remain protected. Those with maximum UV 400 protection can even enable you to look directly at the sun without suffering adverse reactions. That's how effective it can be.
4. Comfort: They are comfortable on the eyes and are not overly weighty. This means that you can wear them for a very long time and not feel the physical strain.
5.Quality coating: It is the coating that makes it a valuable piece. The coats reduce glare that can be injurious to the eye.
1. Dark lens: The dark filtered lens will make it hard for you to see if you are in an enclosed place. You can use them indoors or in areas with poor lighting.
2. Change appearance: Some magnetic clip on sunglasses change the color of objects so you cannot really tell what color the object is unless you take it off.
Besides these two inconveniences which can be avoided, magnetic clip on sunglasses are worth having.
Guide to picking the best magnetic clip on sunglasses
If you want to buy the best version to suit your needs, you can't afford to settle for less. What you need is the best one money can buy. Below, we review some of the things to consider when shopping for one.
1.Know the measurement of your sunglasses/eyeglasses
You need to know the size of your sunglasses or eyeglasses before you shop for magnetic clip ons. The last thing you want is to buy one that will not fit your glasses frame. There are different ways to measure your sunglasses but one way is to use the measurement scale of the retailer you are looking to buy from. If the size and shape correspond with the eyepiece in question, you can buy the magnetic clip on.
2.Buy from reputable sellers
You should also make sure that the seller you are buying from is a reputable seller like Lensmart. If you choose to do so online, make sure you read the reviews of previous buyers to ascertain the quality of glasses.
3.Get the size and shape right
Just like we pointed out above, the size and shape should be right. The magnetic clip-on should not be too long nor should it rest on the glasses. Furthermore, it should not add too much weight to the sunglasses otherwise you will have a hard time wearing them for too long.