next day (PST)
You got yourself prescription glasses. You are happy with it. However, it crossed your mind that you also need UV protection, especially if you are outdoors. Sure, you can opt for photochromic sunglasses or prescription shades. However, you might want to consider using fit over sunglasses.
Fit over sunglasses works just as the name suggests. They are sunglasses that come with slightly enlarged temples and frames. Additionally, these sunglasses are designed to fit over prescription glasses. Contextually, the eyeglasses will hide behind the sunglasses. With this, users can have excellent UV protection aside from the visual acuity provided by prescription glasses.
In some cases, fit over sunglasses are also called over-glasses sunglasses or suncover sunglasses. Do not get confused; all of them have the same purpose. Physically, fit over sunglasses have wider temples to cover the temples of prescription glasses. Their frames are also larger and thicker, so the lenses behind the sunglasses will not be visible.
Additionally, these sunglasses work like any other shades, and you wear them to protect your eyes from UV rays. As you know, sunlight may damage the cornea, surface tissues, retinas, and eye lenses. Damage to the eyes increases the risk of having severe problems like macular degeneration and cataracts.
Those who usually spend most of their time outdoors can walk into a store and buy fit over sunglasses. There's no prescription needed as their primary purpose is to shade the eyes from too much sunlight exposure.
1. Additional UV protection. Not only will it protect you from UV rays, but fit over sunglasses also shield the top and sides of the lenses. This way, the sunglasses protect the eyes and skin and guarantee the UV rays will not damage you from any angle.
2. Extremely durable. It may seem fragile for some as these sunglasses are lightweight. However, they are sturdy enough and offer a snug fit on one's face. Additionally, they are very durable.
3. Affordable. Since one does not need to see an eye doctor to get fit over glasses, they are highly affordable. In some cases, prices usually start at $15. With this, you can easily fit them over your prescription glasses without investing more.
4. Suitable for outdoor activities. Suppose you love outdoor activities like driving, hiking, fishing, boating, and more; you will surely love the fit over sunglasses. They provide UV protection and ensure clear vision while enjoying these activities.
1. Fit over glasses can somehow add weight to the glasses. Yes, fit over glasses are lightweight. However, it will still add some weight, especially to the nose and ears.
2. It might take time to get used to using two glasses simultaneously. Eyeglasses wearers can admit that using one prescription glasses can be a burden sometimes. How much more when you use two glasses at the same time? Besides the additional weight, getting used to the bulk placed on your face might take some time.
3. Some might not fit. Since these glasses are not tailor-made, there will be instances when they will not fit perfectly on your face. This is why you must ensure to buy snug-fit sunglasses to maximize their potential purpose.
1. Check the tint. The tint of your fit over sunglasses does not affect how they block the UV rays. However, colored or tinted lenses provide various benefits. Gray-tinted lenses can help further reduce the glare and work well in weather conditions. Meanwhile, yellow-tinted lenses may provide excellent depth perception and enhance visual acuity, which can be helpful when playing sports.
2. UV protection. Look for sunglasses that ensure to block 99% or 100% of UV rays. In some cases, the label says UV 400. This means that they block 99% to 100% of sunlight.
3. Impact-resistance. Fit over glasses is generally durable. However, to make sure, look for sunglasses made from sturdier materials. This is necessary, especially if you are into sports or any physical outdoor activities.
4. Snug fit. You can try the wraparound fit as they uninterruptedly wrap from the front into the side of your head. This offers better protection without breaking the field of vision.
next day (PST)