III. Learn about the spectacle frames and their size parameters
1. Explanation of frame size:Rim size
The distance between the inside of two vertical lines in the plane of the rim. Generally it is 33-60mm.Frame height
The outside distance between upper and lower edges of the rimNose bridge size
The horizontal width of the nose bridge.
Generally it is 13-22mmOutside width of the frame
The width of the visible area on the left and right sides of the frame, i.e. the distance between two junctions of the frame and legs.Generally, the outside width of the frame below 128mm is classified as small size, 129mm to 138mm is classified as medium size, and more than 139mm is classified as large size.Leg size
The horizontal distance from the center of the frame hinge to the end of the glass legGenerally it is 125-156mm
You can know the proper frame size through the following ways:
1) View the size directly. It is usually marked on the inside of the left glass leg;
2) If the parameters on the glass leg have been worn, the data can be obtained by measuring the existing glasses with a ruler;
3) Check the previous purchase list of glasses and mark the proper size for yourself.
2. How to choose the frame color
Choose a lighter color frame such as soft pink, golden and silver;
Choose a darker color frame such as red, black, or tortoiseshell;
Avoid yellow frames Mainly choose pink, coffee red, silver and other light color frames;
Avoid red frames Choose frames in gray, light green, blue and so on.
It has complete rims and the periphery of the lens is completely protected by the rims.
It is suitable for lenses with various refractive parameters, and is also suitable for athletes and children to wearHalf-rim frame
The upper part of the rim is made of metal or plastic material The lower half of the rim is made of a very fine nylon wire It is relatively light in weight and more businesslike.
Because the lower part of the lens has no rim to block, if the lens edge is too thick, it will affect the appearance. Therefore, this kind of frame is not suitable for high degree.Rimless frame
There is no rim, only the metal nose bridge and the metal legs. The lens and the nose bridge, and the legs are directly fixed by screws.
Rimless frames are lighter and more chic than ordinary frames, but its strength is slightly worse than that of the full-rim frame. Such frames are not recommended for children. Since connections of the frame are easy to loose, and the length of the screws is limited, it is not suitable for people with high degree to wear this kind of frames.
4. How to select frame materials1) Plastic frame: it is mainly divided into two categories: PC frame and board frame.The PC frame is light in weight, simple in processing, good in molding, but easy to deform, poor tensile and compressive strength;The board frame has bright color and good tensile and compressive strength, but the manufacturing process is complicated.2) Metal frame: its characteristics are: strong, light, beautiful, novel style, wide variety.Most are made of alloy, and some may fade due to different electroplating processes. There are also frames made of pure titanium and memory alloy frames. Its advantages are anti-allergy, durable and anti-corrosion.3) Mixed material frame: mostly made of mixed metal and plastic.Combining the advantages of plastic and metal, it is beautiful and light. Most of them have plastic frames and metal legs, which are the main combinations that are popular nowadays.